Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Seriously, Can I poop in peace?

Edit Posted by with No comments
There are a lot of bits of 'advice' that you are given when people find out you are going to be a parent.
  • Sleep when the baby sleeps. 
  • Enjoy it now, they grow up fast. 
  • Breastfeeding is best. 
  • I gave my kids formula and they were just fine. 
  • Cloth diapers save the environment. 
  • Disposable diapers are more convenient
  • Let her cry, you will spoil her. 
Oh, I could go on for days! However, in all the bits of 'advice' I was given no one really ever divulged what would happen to your life once you have a child. I mean, people would say, "it will never be the same." I would simply reply, "Oh, yes I know!" Did I know? Who was I kidding? I had no idea what was about to come!

What came was a complete invasion of my life! The life I had before kids is gone, a figment of my imagination. Bits and pieces of what was remain but are forever changed. The privacy and quiet that I once enjoyed, GONE! Privacy? yep non existent. When Kennedy was first born I would take her from room to room with me to avoid the nuclear meltdown that would ensue should I not be with in sight or smelling distance (those of you that breastfeed understand how important that one is). So she went with me to the kitchen, to my room, to the bathroom, to the living room and outside. Once I discovered baby-wearing, which is a life saver!, I was never without her-constantly being motor-boated lol

Once she discovered how to move on her own I could leave the room but she would always find me! It's like they have a built in homing device. Maybe a mommy Lo-jack of sorts and she had the key! Close the door to go to the bathroom? Sure if you want someone beating on it and yelling at the top of their lungs the entire time you are in there. Leave it open and you will have a toddler sitting on your lap while you go to the bathroom. Or she will be insistent upon finding your belly button, poking and pointing at stretch marks. Oh what fun.

This is the darkside of parenting that no one ever warned me about!

I love my girls and they simply are my world. Being their mommy is my paradise. Not being able to poop in peace or even shower without prying-curious eyes is truly ok with me. Because, one bit of advice that is ever so true, "they are only little once, enjoy it."

I intend to enjoy every minute, every curious glance, every point and poke, every question. I truly believe if I don't take the time to invest in my girls curiosity now, how will they ever want to share their life with me? If I don't invest in them now, will they every know that they are enough? Know that they are funny, interesting or beautiful just as they are?


-after while crocodile-

0 comments:

Post a Comment